If you have an aging loved one, it’s important to ensure that they’re getting the best possible care. A geriatric care manager can help with this by providing expert guidance and support.
Geriatric care managers specialize in geriatrics, which is the study of aging. They are therefore well-equipped to deal with the unique challenges that come with caring for older adults. Some of the services a geriatric care manager can provide include:
– Assisting with the transition to assisted living or a nursing home
– Helping to create a care plan tailored specifically for older adults
– Providing support and advice on issues such as healthcare and finances
– Organizing social activities and support groups for seniors
– Offering skilled nursing care if needed
If you’re considering hiring a geriatric care manager, it’s important to do your research first. There are many care management services available, so be sure to find one that meets your needs and budget. It’s also a good idea to check that the care manager is certified by the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers.
If you’re not sure whether a geriatric care manager is right for your loved one, it’s best to talk to a health care professional. They can assess the situation and recommend the best course of action. Ultimately, the decision about whether to hire a geriatric care manager is up to you. But with the right help, your aging loved one can enjoy a safe, healthy, and happy retirement.